Surely you have already heard many times the terms “Influencer” or “Instagrammer” and seen on Instagram profiles with a feed of those that take your breath away, where the owners show us that they have a “dream” life, and where they apparently manage to win money with Instagram, for taking selfies in incredible places.
How many followers do you need to make money with Instagram?
Most people have the idea that thousands and thousands of followers are needed to get sponsorships and earn money with Instagram.
But the truth is that, although in fact, you need to have followers, it is not the huge amount that everyone believes and, also, that is not what will decide whether or not you can get sponsorships and become a professional Instagrammer.
The two most important are:
- In what area or niche you will base your profile: If you want to become an Influencer and earn money with Instagram, you must first decide what theme of general interest you are going to develop (if you like fitness, cooking, makeup, or fashion lifestyle, etc.).
- My usual recommendation is that you opt for something that you like very much because you are probably going to talk more easily about the subject. You will not feel that you are “working” when you have to investigate trends and other things about it.
Additionally, you can do business with companies that you really like and receive free products that you will really use.
The quality of your followers: Having more followers may increase your chances of getting some kind of exchange or sponsorship, but it will only be so if your followers are real, and you have good engagement.
What I mean is that if you really want to make money with Instagram, it is no use buying followers or going from house to house asking your neighbors and friends to follow your account, because if those who follow you are not interested in your content, it is likely that do not give “like” to your post, they will not comment and better or talk about the possibility of acquiring your products and/or services.
Cleaning your profile of those “fake” followers is the best thing you can do because I assure you that 1,000 loyal followers and really interested in your content will give you much better results than 10,000 fake followers, or that they are inactive.
How To Make Money With Instagram
There are many ways to make money with Instagram; here are some of them:
- Exchange: Advertise a brand or business through publications or “stories,” and obtain products and/or services in return.
- Paid Advertising: Advertise through publications or “stories” in exchange for money. Unlike exchanges, this monetization option is the main way in which Influencers start earning money with Instagram.
- Affiliate Marketing: Advertise through publications or “stories,” and obtain a commission for each sale of product or service made through your link. One of my favorite ways to make money with Instagram and different web platforms.
- Your own product or service: Create and promote your own product or service and make a profit from its sale. This business model applies both to a physical or digital product (info product) and to offer a paid service.
To get more and better opportunities to make money on Instagram with different companies, you must take care of your image from the beginning, since as your audience grows, more people will have something to comment on what you do or say.
The Importance Of Credibility To Make Money With Instagram
The most important thing when trying to make money with Instagram is your credibility.
If you promote products or services that do not work (or even worse, that are harmful), you will lose the confidence of your followers and your opportunity to make money with Instagram, Facebook or any other platform, you can go through the pipe.
The public understands the fact that you earn money through advertising on your account, but at the same time, they will want to feel authentic and, in that way, be able to connect with you.
It is also important to remember that you will be working through a social network, not creating an online catalog. So, “spam” one post after another about promotions and offers will not be a good idea either.
How Much To Charge For Advertising
When trying to monetize your profile or make money with Instagram with exchanges and paid advertising contracts, you usually have to create content (either in the form of a photo or video) to publish in your feed or in your Instagram Story, linking your publication to the website or company profile or brand and, also, allow it to share the content you created in your own social media profiles.
They must also agree on the date (or dates, in the case of a sequence of posts) and times when these publications will be made. Of course, this is one of the factors that will impact the cost of your services, since the more posts you are asked for, the more work you will have to do.
It is likely that companies also ask you for a weekly, monthly report, etc., where you show the analytics of the interaction that the posts had with the advertising. That is another thing that you should take into account when charging since preparing reports will also take time away.
Therefore, when choosing the cost of your publications, you must consider the following:
If you believe that what you are going to promote will resonate with your audience: Remember that having bad results will harm the numbers of your Instagram profile, your credibility, your relationship with the brand/company, and, therefore, your future opportunities to make money with Instagram.
The amount of publications that they want you to do: Creating content capable of making you money with Instagram takes time and effort (makeup, fix the set, shoot videos, take photos, edit, etc.). Also, you must assemble your publication calendar, prepare reports, and other things.
How To Find Companies
When you have a “popular” profile, brands and/or companies will probably write to you directly to offer you exchanges, sponsorships, and so on. But if you are just starting your business and starting to make money with Instagram, you should usually be the first contact.
To do well, look for brands that you like (famous and not so famous) within your niche market. The idea is that you start by promoting products that you have already tried and seemed good to you so that your followers see that it is an authentic review and get good results from the beginning.